Saturday, March 14, 2015

See Ya Real Soon, Disney!!!!

So this post has been a long time coming. I haven't really been sure how to start, because I have read so many Disney College Program blogs and all of them begin with the generic "Hi! I'm so-and-so. I applied for the DCP on this date and got accepted on this date! My phone interview was 19.7 minutes long. I am so excited to share this amazing journey with you! etc. etc."). Not that that isn't a great way to start out your blog, but there are already SO many blogs out there with that format. So to start off, I thought I'd just do a quick rapid fire of information:


January 31: Applied, passed online application, passed Web-Based Interview (WBI), scheduled Phone Interview

February 16: Had my phone interview with Susie! She was extremely sweet and she laughed at all of my nervous jokes. She asked if I would have any problems with working outside/long hours in the Florida humidity and I told her the only part I was worried about was my hair frizzing... my biggest fear about Florida is easily having to re-enact this episode of friends every day of my life:
But back on topic, my interviewer was so nice and seemed like she really cared about everything that I had to say. At the end of the interview, she actually told me that she wished we had time to talk more. So moral of the story, if you're nervous about your DCP phone interview, don't be! It's Disney World - how harsh could the interviewers be?
**side note** It's good to ask your interviewers questions as well, so at the end I asked Susie how she got her start with Disney. She told me that she did the DCP many years ago where she worked at the Harbour House in Downtown Disney, and actually met her husband through the program! They got married, and she spent several years raising her kids. Now, many years later, she is back working for Disney and says she couldn't be happier! Of course, there's pretty much only one way to describe that story:

February 19: I was sitting on my couch after class when I check my email and all of a sudden:
A lot of yelling and running around the house ensued. I was accepted for quick-service food and beverage (QSFB) for Fall 2015! My arrival date is August 31st! I could go on and on, but I'll spare you guys for now!

p.s. I am not Chyrele. I still don't know how to screenshot on my laptop so I pulled this image off of google (thanks Chyrele u my homegirl)

February 20: My friend Alex got accepted for QSFB as well!!! Here's my favorite picture of us at Disney for reference:
I have been to Disney World 3 times with Alex and her family (and I always skip a week of school for it, shhhh!) because her mom has had conferences there each year. I have never been with my own family, which is why I am SO EXCITED for them to come and visit me during my program!
Alex is not sure if she's going to be doing the program for sure yet, but I'll keep you guys updated.

February 21: I paid my program/apartment fees/down payments and am now pretty much ready to go! Now the waiting game begins...August 31st seriously cannot come fast enough. 

So that's pretty much all for now, folks! I'll update you soon about the search for roommates and things like that.
 As always, have a MAGICAL DAY!!!!!!

-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment