Tuesday, March 17, 2015

8 Events in Jumanji That I Really Hope Don't Happen in South Africa



1. Giant killer mosquitoes with the unearthly power to crack your windshield
I doubt even my malaria meds would defend me against these suckers 


2. Crazy monkeys that will destroy your kitchen....and undoubtedly your life (see picture below)
Poor young Peter...the tail did not suit him.

3. I get trapped in the game board until somebody rolls a "5" or an "8" and then emerge three decades later like:
(R.I.P. Robin... you were always one of my favorites)

4. Van Pelt busts in and opens up a can of whoop ass due to an age old vendetta with one of my professors:
p.s. Van Pelt and Alan's mean dad were the same actor! Symbolism anyone?

5. Any type of plant that has a developed a taste for human flesh:
No thanks... I think I'll stick to Snapdragons. 

6. STAMPEDE!!!!
This one is actually pretty plausible - my grandma said when she was on safari she got stuck in a wildebeest stampede Lion King style!!!

7. A monsoon with a side of a croc wrestling extravaganza:
I'm pleased to say that it will not be NOT rainy season, so thankfully the chances of this occurring are pretty slim (shady).

8. And let's not forget about quicksand:
For your knowledge I just googled how to escape from quicksand! You should lay on your back because this will allow the suction on your feet to let up. Also don't panic! in the quicksand (lol Panic! At The Disco joke get it guys?). When you are relaxed, your body is more buoyant and you will be able to extract yourself more easily. Luckily quicksand is usually only 2-3 feet deep, so unless you are a majorly unlucky person you will probably survive to tell the tale. The more you know!

This just inspired me to watch Jumanji and take notes instead of taking notes on my actual readings. I think it will better prepare me for what's really waiting for me out there in the wild. 

Adventure is out there!
-Erin









No comments:

Post a Comment